A lot of specialist roles on the job boards this week – good news if you have a background in:
- Cosmetics/toiletries: Development chemist in Hampshire, £23.5k. Developing product formulations.
- Emissions aftertreatment/catalyst substrate engineering: Emissions aftertreatment specialist working for Jaguar Land Rover in the Midlands, £40k. Developing vehicle emission treatment systems.
- Petroleum additives: Development chemist/technical service rep based in the South. Designing formulations, dealing with customers and providing technical support the sales team.
- Welsh: Laboratory and teaching assistant in Bangor, £30k. Teaching in Welsh, developing Welsh teaching resources and pursuing research. Job posted on 22nd June, but closing date Mon 27th June. (Thanks to @fdhooge for this one)
- Programming: Scientific software developer for Tessella, multiple sites in UK, US and Netherlands, up to £35k. Designing and developing software for clients from a wide range of scientific industries. Looks like an awesome role with some great benefits, including secondments, travel and 20 days training per year.
- Writing/editing/features: Careers and comment editor for the RSC’s Chemistry World in Cambridge, £21-24k pro-rata (21 hours/week). Primarily involves planning, researching and developing stories for these sections of the magazine/website; and commissioning, networking and proofreading.